Sunday, January 23, 2011

French Toast-Made With Rudi's Gluten Free Bread


I had the pleasure of tasting Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery's new line of breads.  Although I tasted the Multigrain bread, they do have 3 flavors: Original, Multigrain, and Cinnamon Raisin.  I was pleasantly surprised at the soft, moist feel and taste of this bread, as some gluten free breads are extremely dense and crumbly.  Rudi's has recently launched a new website, Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery.  Their website provides all the detail you need about their new gluten free breads including product ingredients, nutrition facts, local availability, helpful information about local gluten-free events, a variety of gluten-free recipes, and links to their partners and educational resources. 

I decided to make french toast with the Multigrain bread.  First, I beat an egg in a small bowl and added a bit of milk.  Then, I dipped my pieces of Rudi's bread into the egg mixture.  I was once again extremely impressed with this bread.  I have tried to make french toast in the past with other brands and they simply crumble in the egg mixture or as soon as I placed them into the frying pan.  Rudi's bread was soft, absorbed the egg mixture quite nicely, and cooked the french toast quite evenly.




Overall, I thought that Rudi's new gluten free bread was fantastic!  It was soft, moist, and simply delicious!  I already have a few more recipes up my sleeve that I can make with this new find!  I highly recommend you pick up a loaf for yourself!  Click here to get a coupon for $1.00 off a loaf!





Disclosure / Disclaimer: No monetary compensation was obtained for this post. I received complimentary products from Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery and decided to write a review. The opinions expressed here are mine and may differ from yours.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the bread. The french toast looks yummy! Thanks for the mention.

    Best,
    Dayna Davis
    On Behalf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dayna! It really was fantastic! Can't wait to taste the other flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find that the Rudis bread works better at staying together for burgers. I always used bread if I didn't have buns around. Rudi's rocks! Can't wait to try making french toast again!

    ReplyDelete